Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 9.

Dahlia is doing a lot better. Although she wasn't in the best spirits today (after 2 big surgeries who would be?) but she is doing better.

They started her feeds today. They are slooooowly working their way up to what she is used to eating at home. They have also ok'd me to give her actual food. Aside from the pediasure that she is getting via gtube, today she ate a little oatmeal, some cheerios, 1 strand of plain spaghetti pasta, 2 crackers and a lot of apple juice and water.

They will slowly give her more pediasure until she is taking in her normal amount with no problems. I asked one of the surgeons today if all goes well, when could we expect to be home. He said probably Monday. I was a bit disappointed, I was hopping it would be this Saturday but as much as I want her home, I'd rather she stay here a few more days than leaving too early and having to come back.

So hopefully all will go well. Her tummy is a little swollen but it could be because she finally has some food in there. The surgeons checked it out and they said it looks good. They said everything looks really good.

:)


No comments: