Monday, December 3, 2012

Home sweet home.

Oh how nice it is to be home. Makes you appreciate the mess, the dirty dishes, the piles of laundry! Ah,  how nice to be home.

Saturday was quite eventful. Dahlia had a blast with her visitors. She finally saw Baba ( her cousin Rebecca) after not seeing her for so long and she was so happy. She played until she knocked out for her nap.

Then came the panic, crying, scrambling and the, "NOOOOOOO".

As I was putting Dahlia down for her nap, the tube from her Gtube got caught between me and her and I pulled it out, completely out!! I heard a POP and then a small gush of fluid come out from her tummy then saw the entire Gtube laying on the crib. I froze. I just sat there looking at it telling myself, "oh my God, please wake up, Isabel wake up, wake up".
I finally yelled for Abel and he had to snap me back to reality and tell me to calm down. It has popped out once before but I just felt so awful that here she was so happy at home and we had to take her back!  I finally got myself together, grabbed the emergency kit for her Gtube and put one back in.
I called the surgery team that was following her and they said they wanted her to go to the ER just to make sure it was placed correctly. Sp we went, it was replaced, they took X-rays and almost 4 hours later, sent us on our way.

Aside from being upset about being waken up from her nap, she was fine. It didn't seem to hurt her and she was happy most of the time except when dr.'s or nurses would touch her.

I still feel awful about what happened but I am so happy that we were able to fix it and get home.

Dahlia has been so happy at home. Yesterday she had both gramas at her beck and call following her around and she couldn't have been more happy.

We are still hoping this infection goes away so its still not guaranteed that she won't need surgery again but we are paying it clears up.

Thanks again to everyone for praying and thinking about Dahlia and us.   :)

Pictures to come.....

No comments: